Cancellation and Refund Policies
By using the Explify Platform as a Host or Guest, you are indicating that you have read and that you understand and agree to be bound by this Guest Refund Policy.
If you are a guest and suffer a Travel Issue, we agree, at our discretion, to reimburse you up to the amount paid by you through the Explify Platform (“Total Fees”) with respect to our cancellation or refund policy. Explify cancellation policy will enforce to protect both guest and host alike. Guests may cancel by clicking ‘Cancel’ on the appropriate reservation. All refund will be processed back to the same payment method (i.e same credit card only)
Cancellation policy (Cancelled by Guest)
- 100% refund if cancel 7 days before the trip.
- 50% refund if cancel 3 days (72 hours) before the trip.
- 20% refund if cancel 24 hours before the trip.
- No refund afterward.
- Booking fees are non-refundable.
Refund policy (Trip Cancelled by Hosts)
- Full refund including booking fees.
- Host is responsible for booking fees.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Explify within 24 hours of the trip.
- Explify will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
- A reservation is officially cancelled when the guest and/or host clicks the cancellation button on the cancellation confirmation page.
- Cancellation policies may be superseded by the Guest Refund Policy, extenuating circumstances, or cancellations by Explify for any other reason permitted under the Terms of Service. Please review these exceptions
By posting content in public areas on Explify, you agree to abide by Explify’s guidelines and policies. We reserve the right to remove any content, in whole or part, that violates our guidelines or our Terms of Service, or for any other reason at our sole discretion. Explify reserve the right to reject postings that are not abided by Explify’s policy, Terms, and Conditions.
In the event of repeated or severe violations, we may suspend or permanently deactivate the account(s) in question.
You can contact us bout posts that appear to violate these content guidelines.
We don’t allow:
- Advertising or other commercial content, company logos, links, or company names
- Spam, unwanted contact, or content that is shared repeatedly in a disruptive manner
- Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity, or that is profane, vulgar, obscene, threatening, or harassing
- Content that is discriminatory (review our Non-Discrimination Policy for more information)
- Attempts to impersonate another person, account, or entity, including a representative of Explify
- Content that is illegal or that violates another person’s or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights
- Content that refers to the details of an Explify’s investigation
- Content that may pose a personal safety risk to an Explify community member
In addition to the above, the following guidelines apply to specific types of content on Explify:
- Listings and profiles: Content that is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive
- Reviews that do not represent the author’s personal experience or that of their travel companions
- Reviews incentivized by a promise for payment, additional services, or a discounted rate
- Reviews motivated by a threat of extortion (review our Extortion Policy)
- Trolling or repeatedly targeting members
Reviews are a way for Explify guests and hosts to share their experiences with the community. Any attempt to use reviews or review responses to force a user to do something they aren’t obligated to do is a misuse of reviews, and we don’t allow it.
This policy applies to situations including, but not limited to:
- Guests threatening to use reviews or ratings in an attempt to force a host to provide refunds, additional compensation, or a reciprocal positive review.
- Hosts requiring a guest to leave a positive review or rating, or to revise a review in exchange for a partial or full refund, or reciprocal review. Hosts also can’t offer a free or discounted in exchange for a guest revising an existing review.
- Hosts asking a guest to take specific actions related to a review in exchange for a resolution to a dispute between the parties.
This policy does not prohibit:
- A guest from contacting a host with a problem prior to leaving a review.
- A host from asking a guest to leave an honest positive review or rating reflecting a positive experience.
- A host or guest from revising a review within the time constraints for revision.
Hosts and guests cannot edit reviews after they are published. Explify can delete reviews in the events that deem reasonable to do so. Explify decision to delete review will supersede in all event.
By posting a review, you agree to follow all Explify guidelines and policies, including the Extortion Policy, which Explify may enforce at our sole discretion. Failure to do so may result in the restriction, suspension or termination of your Explify account.
1. Information We Collect
There are three general categories of information we collect.
1.1 Information You Give to Us.
1.1.1 Information that is necessary for the use of the Explify Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Explify Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for an Explify Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, and date of birth.
- Profile and Listing Information. To use certain features of the Explify Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of the Explify Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via Explify Payments).
- Communications with Explify and other Members. When you communicate with Explify or use the Explify Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
1.1.2 Information you choose to give us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using Explify Platform. This additional information will be processed based on your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your Explify profile (such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and a personal description). Some of this information as indicated in your Account settings is part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible to others.
- Address Book Contact Information. You may choose to import your address book contacts or enter your contacts’ information manually to access certain features of the Explify Platform, like inviting them to use Explify.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Explify Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Explify Platform.
1.1.3 Information that is necessary for the use of the Payment Services.
The Payments Data Controller needs to collect the following information, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable law (such as anti-money laundering regulations). Without it, you will not be able to use Payment Services:
- Payment Information. When you use the Payment Services, the Payments Data Controller requires certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
- Identity Verification and Other Information. If you are a Host, the Payments Data Controller may require identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license) or other authentication information, your date of birth, your address, email address, phone number and other information in order to verify your identity, provide the Payment Services to you, and to comply with applicable law.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Explify Platform and Payment Services.
When you use the Explify Platform and the Payment Services, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Explify Platform and Payment Services.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the Explify Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu. Explify may also collect this information even when you are not using the app if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Explify Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Explify Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Explify Platform, even if you have not created an Explify Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Explify Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Explify Platform.
- Payment Transaction Information. Explify Payments collects information related to your payment transactions through the Explify Platform, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and Explify Payments and to allow the provision of the Payment Services.
1.3 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
Explify and Explify Payments may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the Explify Platform and the Payment Services, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Explify Platform and the Payment Services. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your Explify Account with a third-party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, WeChat), the third-party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Background Information. To the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required, Explify and Explify Payments may obtain the local version of police, background or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Explify Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
We use, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Explify Platform, create and maintain a trusted and safer environment and comply with our legal obligations.
2.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Explify Platform.
- Enable you to access and use the Explify Platform.
- Enable you to communicate with other Members.
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Explify Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection.
- To operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Explify Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience (such as making Listing suggestions or ranking search results), we conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Explify Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the Explify Platform.
We process this information given our legitimate interest in improving the Explify Platform and our Members’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our Members and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other policies.
2.3 How the Payments Data Controller uses the Information Collected.
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
The Payments Data Controller processes this information given its legitimate interest in improving the Payment Services and its users’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws.
3. Sharing and Disclosure
3.1 With Your Consent.
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you authorize a third-party application or website to access your Explify Account or when you participate in promotional activities conducted by Explify partners or third parties.
3.2 Sharing between Members.
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other Members, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When you as a Guest submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the Host including your full name, the full name of any additional Guests, your cancellation history, and other information you agree to share. When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the trip, like your phone number.
- When you as a Host have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Guest to coordinate the booking, such as your full name, phone number, and Experience address.
- When you as a Guest invite additional Guests to a booking, your full name, travel dates, Host name, Listing details, and other related information will be shared with each additional Guest.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Members.
3.3 Profiles, Listings, and other Public Information.
The Explify Platform lets you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your description, and city, are publicly visible to others.
- Listing pages are publicly visible and include information such as Experience’s approximate location (neighborhood and city) or precise location (where you have provided your consent), Listing description, calendar availability, your public profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and any additional information you choose to share.
- After completing a booking, Guests and Hosts may write Reviews and rate each other. Reviews and Ratings are a part of your public profile page and may also be surfaced elsewhere on the Explify Platform (such as the Listing page).
- If you submit content in a community or discussion forum, blog or social media post, or use a similar feature on the Explify Platform, that content is publicly visible.
Based on our legitimate interest to promote the Explify Platform we may display parts of the Explify Platform (e.g., your Listing page) on sites operated by Explify’s business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Listings are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
3.4 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights.
Explify and Explify Payments may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Explify, (iii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, the Payment Terms or other agreements with Members, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Explify, its employees, its Members, or members of the public.
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Explify’s property, its Members and the Explify Platform. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Member about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
3.6 Service Providers.
Explify and Explify Payments uses a variety of third party service providers to help us provide services related to the Explify Platform and the Payment
Explify and the Explify Payments will need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you.
3.8 Social Media Platforms.
Where permissible according to applicable law we may use certain limited personal information about you, such as your email address, to hash it and to share it with social media platforms, such as Facebook or Google, to generate leads, drive traffic to our websites or otherwise promote our products and services or the Explify Platform. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be if your interest.
The social media platforms with which we may share your personal data are not controlled or supervised by Explify. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal data should be directed to such provider.
3.9 Government Registration.
In jurisdictions where Explify facilitates or requires a registration, notification, permit, or license application of a Host with a local governmental authority through the Explify Platform in accordance with local law, we may share information of participating Hosts with the relevant authority, both during the application process and, if applicable, periodically thereafter.
4. Other Important Information
4.1 Google Maps/Earth.
4.2 Managing Your Information.
You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings. If you have chosen to connect your Explify Account to a third-party application, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your Explify Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Explify Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
6. Contact Us
Become A Host
Showcase your country to tourists and share your knowledge. Explify provides flexibility, safety and security for both host and user. You set your own rate and set your own schedule. Earn cash while having fun doing what you love. There is no limit on what you can do. Join us and become a local expert.